Ultimate Source M.C. 3L Hydration
- BPA Free
The new FILBE compatible Ultimate SOURCE WXP Low Profile Hydration System comes in a set with our UTA Rapid Refill Adapter and Magnetic Clip. It features our Helix Bite Valve and IRR Tube Cover.
FREE Worldwide Shipping for all orders over $60 USD
U.S.M.C. - FILBE compatible Hydration System
Our Ultimate SOURCE M.C. Hydration System is designed to fit US Marine Corps FILBE gear. The 3L WXP is true low profile and features all the SOURCE Hydration advantages. It comes with IRR Tube Cover, Dirt Shield Valve Cap, UTA Rapid Refill Adapter and Magnetic Clip.
The high performance hydration reservoir is manufactured with our exclusive 3 layer coextruded Polyethylene with Taste-Free™, low maintenance, Glass-Like™ liner. Features Integrated Grunge-Guard™.
Hydration System Features
- FDA Approved Materials All materials in contact with the drinking water are FDA approved. Guaranteed safe and taste-free drinking water.
- Integral Refill Handle For fast and easy refill with no spills
- Large NC Filler Cap Air tight, low profile one hand operated. Compatible with commonly used personal filtration systems. The cap fits the FILBE hydration filler opening.
- Magnetic Clip keeps the drinking valve in place and easily accessible.
UTA Rapid Refill Adapter
Refill your reservoir without opening your pack!
Average filling time with UTA™ from a bottle: 1.5L per minute. From a tap: 2.0L per minute.
- Helix™ Valve features a rounded shape that requires no mouth orientation for easy use. A retreat spring mechanism allows soft bite as in single piece bite valve with leak proof capability that will not drip even under pressure or prolong use. Built-in "bio-net" style shut –off mechanism for no spill during transport.
- Angled Valve Turns 360 degrees for perfect valve/mouth orientation. Allows tube to be 25cm shorter. Less excess tube bouncing around on the chest!
- Dirt-Shield™ Protective Cover No more dragging in the dirt! Keeps valve free of dirt and protected during transport.
Ultimate MC Hydration Specs
- Height: 36 cm / 14.2 in
- Width: 25 cm / 9.8 in
- Max Depth (full): 8 cm / 3.1 in
- Tube length: 94 cm / 3 ft
- Weight Hydration System (Widepac + Tube): 0.287 kg (199 g + 88 g)
- Weight UTA: 19 g
- Weight Magnetic Clip: 9 g
Further informations on Hydration Technology
Taste-Free™ System Glass-Like™ Liner technology in reservoir and tube delivers pure liquid taste with no plastic flavor.
Bacteria-Free™ System Grunge-Guard™ Antimicrobial technology blocks bacterial growth for the life of the system.
Technologie Glass-Like™ A multi-layer Polyethylene film utilizing SOURCE's Glass-Like™ technology, which prevents bio-film build up making the system self-cleaning. SOURCE's Glass-Like™ Film is 2000% smoother than standard TPU films, with virtually no difference from glass itself.
Care-Free™ System Glass-Like™ Liner with Grunge-Guard™ antimicrobial technologies eliminates the need for cleaning. For days, weeks and even months of use simply refill and drink again and again with no special care required.
Widepac™ Wide Opening Access Patented slide closure for easy filling, draining and cleaning. Airtight Seal! (U.S. Patent No. 7,648,276,B2)
As far as the accessories go, I do like the rapid refill adapter when using water bottles, faucets, or a garden hose to refill the bladder. It is an option for refilling the bladder without having to remove it from a carrier, or pack. I do not use the magnetic clip, I use the ITW web dominators for drinking tube retention. My son does like the magnetic clip for his bladder though.
I would like to see a drinking tube cover that has more insulation similar to the tube covers that camelback uses. what I did with mine was I removed the tube cover from an old camelback and pulled it over the source drinking tube. But that is more of a personal preference than anything else.
You really can't go wrong with this bladder, water tastes great. Easy to clean out, easy to dry out. It can handle normal abuse, with in means of course. What I mean by that is if you take a sledge hammer to it its going to pop. But why would you do that? But you can feel safe that if your 75 lb ruck is thrown, falls, or is dropped from 5 feet , the bladder will not burst.
Honestly, I'm lukewarm on the accessories, since the magnet isn't strong enough to hold the hose snug to the curve of my shoulder strap, and the UTA only helps if you fill your bladder from a tap, rather than wild water.